Weekly Worship, Sundays @ 10 a.m.
Face coverings required
7640 Glenwood Avenue, Boardman, OH 44512
St. James Episcopal Church is the first Episcopal Church in Ohio, and the oldest Episcopal parish in the Connecticut Western Reserve. The parish of St. James held its first meetings in Boardman in 1807, and was officially incorporated as an Episcopal Society in 1809. Henry Mason Boardman, son of township founder Elijah Boardman, saw a need for a church in the new territory. Henry donated the land and money for the construction of the Church, which was consecrated on August 23, 1828, by Philander Chase, the first Bishop of the Diocese of Ohio. In 1971 it was clear a new church was needed as commercialization around the existing church became untenable. Through the efforts of community leaders, the old historic church was moved to Boardman Park and renamed St. James Meeting House. The parish moved to its new facility on Glenwood Avenue where it continues to flourish today. Over the past several years, at the behest of the Diocese of Ohio, the St. James family was joined by the members of St. Andrew's Episcopal Church from Austintown and St. Rocco's Episcopal Church from the historic Brier Hill Italian neighborhood in Youngstown, bringing an additional richness to our parish. The St. James Parish family strives to maintain its ties to its historic past, but always keeps two eyes looking forward. Unique to our parish is a strong independent spirit and a sense of self reliance that the founders of the church passed down through the generations to the current parishioners. The St. James family continues to be a voice of faith, hope and love in the Boardman community and the Mahoning Valley.
The Episcopal Church is a spiritual home free of judgment and inclusive for all.
"The Episcopal Church is a spiritual home free of judgment
and inclusive for all."
EVENTS / SPECIAL SERVICES
St. JAMES STAFF
Veronica B. Ceraolo
The Rev. John Wigle
Retired Priest Associate
The Rev. Marie Phillips
Priest / Interim Rector
CONTACT/ FIND US
For any inquiries or questions, please call:
330-758-2727 or fill out the following form
7640 Glenwood Avenue
Youngstown, Ohio 44512