Christmas Eve Eucharist, December 24, 4 p.m.
Every Sunday Eucharist, 10 a.m.
Due to the rise in cases of COVID-19 (Omicron variant) in our area, masks are highly recommended. We will continue to observe social distancing, communion in one kind only, and suspend coffee hour for the time being. We will continue to stream the service live from our Facebook Page.
St. James' Episcopal Church is the first Episcopal Church in Ohio, and the oldest Episcopal parish in the Connecticut Western Reserve. Members held their first meetings in Boardman in 1807, and the church was officially incorporated as an Episcopal Society in 1809. Henry Mason Boardman, son of township founder Elijah Boardman, saw a need for a church in the new territory. Henry donated the land and money for the construction of the Church, which was consecrated on August 23, 1828, by Philander Chase, the first Bishop of the Diocese of Ohio. In 1971 it was clear a new church was needed as commercialization around the existing church became untenable. Through the efforts of community leaders, the old historic church was moved to Boardman Park and renamed St. James' Meeting House. The new church building was consecrated in 1972 and it continues to flourish today. Over the past several years, the St. James' family was joined by members of the former St. Andrew's Episcopal Church (Canfield) and the former St. Rocco's Episcopal Church from the historic Brier Hill Italian neighborhood in Youngstown. We strive to maintain ties to our historic past, but always keeps our eyes looking forward. Unique to our parish is a strong independent spirit and a sense of self-reliance that the founders of the church passed down through the generations. We continue to be a voice of faith, hope and love in the Boardman community and the Mahoning Valley.
"The Episcopal Church is a spiritual home free of judgment and inclusive for all."
CONTACT/ FIND US
For any inquiries or questions, please call:
330-758-2727 or fill out the following form
7640 Glenwood Avenue
Youngstown, Ohio 44512